By entering the Glen Affric Duathlon you acknowledge, understand and agree that;
- This event is conducted under the relevant national governing body (where applicable) rules and conditions and I agree to acquaint myself with and abide by those rules and any organisers' instructions. The race organisers’ decisions are final in all circumstances. The Participant shall not be entitled to a refund of the Fees if he or she is disqualified from the Event as a result of an infringement of these Conditions or any such rules and regulations. The Event Organiser is also entitled to impose Event rules upon the Participant from time to time which will form part of these Conditions.
- By completing the registration process you are confirming that all of the information provided is correct. Entries are non-transferable without the specific written consent of the organisers - you must not allow another person to participate in your name.
- I am aware that my cycle and other equipment must be in a roadworthy/legal/safe condition and am prepared to submit my cycle for official scrutiny immediately prior to the event. It is the participant's responsibility to ensure that they have the correct equipment required for the event and also to ensure that it is in suitable working order. The organisers will not take responsibility for injury caused by faulty personal equipment.
- I understand that it is the competitor's responsibility to safeguard such clothing and equipment I may use.
- I understand that I must report to the Finish officials in every circumstance – even upon retiral from the course.
- These events are an extreme test of a person's physical and mental fitness and has with it the potential for death or serious injury or property loss. It is the participant's responsibility to ensure that they are medically fit to participate in any of the event. If you have any medical conditions which may affect participation you should first consult your GP and then inform the organisers of the situation.
- It is the competitor’s responsibility to read all of the event information in full detail – including course maps. The organisers will not take responsibility for error as a consequence of competitors not reading pre-race information.
- The Event Organiser may introduce cut off times as they see fit as part of the Event rules, being limits on the time taken to complete sections of the Event to ensure the safe and proper running of the Event. Subsequently, participants may be instructed to withdraw from the event in accordance with imposed cut off times. No refunds will be offered in this situation.
- The Event Organiser reserves the right to change the course or format of the event at any time for safety or other logistical reasons. In the case of withdrawal of access permissions, the right is reserved to alter courses from the published ones.
- The Event Organiser reserves the right at any time to remove Participants from the Event or prevent Participants participating in the Event if it considers such action necessary. No refund of the Fee shall be made if the Participant has acted negligently, maliciously, with wilful misconduct or otherwise without due care and attention for the Event or other participants, so as to cause his/her removal.
- The Participant acknowledges and accepts that circumstances concerning an Event may change from time to time for reasons out of the Event Organiser’s reasonable control or otherwise, without the Event Organiser incurring any liability and without any rights to withdrawal being accrued by the Participant.
- By entering the event the participant consents to:
a) his/her appearance in the Event being filmed, recorded, incorporated and exploited in whole or in part in any television programme, film, video or broadcast of whatever nature by all means
b) the use and reproduction of the participant’s name, likeness, appearance and photographs, films and recordings by all means and in all media for the purpose of advertising, publicity and otherwise in relation to the exploitation of the Event (and future events) and/or the promotion of the Event (and future events) and the commercial rights relating to the Event (and future events) provided that such use does not imply direct endorsement by the participant of any official sponsor or supplier of the Event.
- The Event Organiser will use best endeavours to provide an Event finish time for the Participant however it cannot be held responsible for any result anomalies or any technical malfunctions.
- The Event Organiser will not be liable for any actions of any spectators or other third parties.
- All prizes must be collected on the day at the event prize giving. T shirts and other event "goodies" must be collected on the day.
- I hereby, aware of these, assume the risks of participating in these events and on my own behalf and on the behalf of my executors, administrators, heirs, next of kin and whomever: - agree to waive any claim and to release and discharge from any claim which I or they may have in respect of death, disability, injury, property loss or damage as a result of or while I am participating in this event, the event organisers, directors, sponsors, officials administrators or volunteer helpers - agree to indemnify the persons mentioned immediately above for any or all liabilities or claims made against them as a result of my behaviour in this event. Said waiver, release, discharge and indemnify to extend to liability for negligence under common or statute law.
- By entering, you accept that your email address can be used for occasional newsletter and similar mailings from Glen Affric Duathlon (The event organisers will not pass any of your details on to 3rd parties without your express permission). You can opt out of the mailing list at any time by emailing details to email@example.com.
Entry fees will only be refunded if the event is cancelled. Entry fees will not be refunded fo any other reason. However we do allow transfer of entry to a new participant up to three weeks prior to the event.